Tuesday 11 June 2013

VIVID


Warning: this post is a bit of a photo fest!
We had a fabulous long weekend, the highlight being a trip into the city to see the VIVID light show on Sydney Harbour.
We were only there for 5 hours but long enough for Lucy to exclaim "Mum this is such a cool holiday"!
It seriously felt like we were tourists. Sydney is magnificent!

First we made a visit at St Mary's Cathedral, and lit a candle for our family and friends and those in need of our prayers. We saw so many homeless people, so I'm sure they were on the top of the kids prayer list (they asked LOTS of questions about the homeless).



As I took the bottom left photo I noticed the boys were doing the 'moonwalk' through the Cathedral....they got a talking to!


Then we walked through Hyde Park. 
Jimmy made the comment that the turtle must have over indulged on lunch!



We visited the War Memorial.



Spotted some crochet bombing. LOVE LOVE.

Jim in nerd heaven. 

Me in Nespresso heaven.

Loads of street art and buskers to keep us busy whilst waiting for the light show.

The sun went down....and the lights came on. 
(But I had a kid on the hip and a million people pushing me again the barrier so my photos don't do it justice- so I borrowed one.







Henry spotted a horse. 

St Mary's all lit up. 

And finally over the bridge back to our warm toasty beds. 

The city was smiling and we had a wonderful afternoon walking around town, but by 6pm the crowds were quite stifling, so I think next year we might take a picnic rug to Blue's point and enjoy the lights from afar with a glass of pinot. 

 I hope you all scored a sleep in this long weekend and enjoyed some family time too.
With Love
Liv xo























2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful city! I love the turtle overindulged comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. That kid is a classic x

    ReplyDelete