Sunday 6 October 2013

I'm back

(I apologise in advance for the photo bonanza this post but I have a week to catch up on for the kids memories on this blog.)

For those (bored?) people who read my blog, firstly thank you and secondly, sorry for my absence, it's been a while.
I scoffed about being immune from bugs when the rest of the family was falling down around me over winter, and then WHAM, I got it. BIG TIME. I literally couldn't lift my head off the pillow for 10 days.
I can't recollect what my kids did in the first week of holidays, because truthfully, I have no idea. I'm not even sure if they ate, slept, killed each other, played like angels... well, I know they didn't kill each other and I'm pretty sure they didn't play like angels but they are alive and well.
*A huge shout out to family who helped me last week, especially the sweetest aunty/Godmother in the world who brought us a meal and cake.
Honestly you'd think I had man-flu, but it was quite something, I promise.
Anywho...so this week I have over compensated, trying to win the mother of the year award.
Nothing amazing, just trying to be a little more present and have a little (cheap) fun.

Putt putt.

Lost 'our' temper...once

...twice

....three times a lad-y


.........................................................................................................................


Did crazy things.



Enjoyed our own 'Dancing with the stars' competiton. 

We did some craft, a gift from Maisie! (Thanks Maise! mwah)

Had interstate friends stay for 3 days
(road tested the new spit, twice)

...........................................................................................................................

Went to the beach.


(breath...just testing their limits again!)






.........................................................................................................................

Hired a tinny on the Hawkesbury River with some friends

They got there in 20 mins, it took us 1hr & 10min (same distance), hoons we were!


Ambushed by 3 water dragons.

Jimmy caught two fish.
Mike was MIA, cutting himself on oysters beyond the cameras reach for most of the day with a friend.


O my, I look like a real pear from this angle, nasty.
 Bear was pooped after a big day week and slept the whole way back, dribbling all over the hire jacket, and now I have a very burn't left shoulder.

So here is to hoping I made up for last weeks non event.

With love and a beverage in hand,
Liv xo


























2 comments:

  1. what a lovely back yard you have, and didn't you fit in some fun things during the holidays! (more than us that is for sure, unless you count shingles and chicken pox as FUN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO way, you poor things. Mine got chicken pox on a family beach holiday with all the cousins sharing the same house. My poor sister, I felt terrible.
      I hope you are on the mend with the shingles xx

      Delete