Tuesday 25 June 2013

kids were here

Last month,  I fell in love with the idea of the "kids were here" project.  Its a collaborative project involving lots of different photographers sharing their view of what life with children looks like.  You can read more here

“When I first began this project, I thought it would be fun to document the every day messes my children make.  As the weeks have passed, this project has really become so much more than that.

It’s not really about messes at all, but about the stories they tell.  It’s about traces of childhood I see throughout my home on a daily basis. It’s about the love we share together.  It’s about living and being…creating, making, learning and trying.   This project leaves me a beautiful story each month of the reminders that Kids are here now…and the time, well, its all too fleeting, isn’t it?   We all need to embrace these moments and just live them too; because they really are the best moments of life.”  -Ginger Unzueta

Of course I had to join in too.
Most of those involved in the project took photos over a month or more but I scored all of mine in less than 24hrs. What is that saying? Busy and messy little people live here!




(manderins in the bath?!?!)




Henry: "a wocket" (rocket)





Sometimes the mess can be overwhelming, but 'the kids were here' project has made me realise, I'm not alone. 


With Love
Liv xo













No comments:

Post a Comment